On May 14th and 15th, 2014, join community and economic development professionals, lenders, public officials, developers, planners, and others passionate about building and sustaining healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities for the Fourth Annual Community Development Summit.
This year’s theme is Reaching Across Boundaries. Sessions and workshops will highlight cross-sector and regional collaboration in community planning, land recycling, affordable housing, transit-oriented development, and neighborhood revitalization.
The Summit will feature:
- Nationally renowned, dynamic keynote speakers: Dr. David Rusk and Shelley Poticha;
- Sessions on topics built around the policies, programs, and practices that help make vibrant, healthy, complete communities;
- Mobile workshops highlighting revitalization efforts throughout Greater Pittsburgh;
- Built-in networking time to reconnect with friends and colleagues and meet innovative practitioners in the field from across the country, including a reception featuring hors d’oeuvres and drinks;
- An annual meeting and awards ceremony honoring community leaders after which Anika Goss-Foster will address the audience to kick off the reception;
- New for 2014 – A panel composed of Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto and Christopher Shea, President and Chief Executive Officer for East Baltimore Development Inc., and Ozie Davis III, Executive Director of the Avondale Comprehensive Development Corporation will participate in a roundtable discussion exploring how we can reach across boundaries to shape the cities of tomorrow.
The Community Development Summit is brought to you by PCRG in collaboration with the Urban Land Institute – Pittsburgh District Council.
Dates to Remember:
April 18, 2014
- Early Bird Registration Ends
- Last Day for Refunds
May 7, 2014
- Registration Cut-off
May 14 & 15, 2014
- Annual Community Development Summit
Omni William Penn Hotel
530 William Penn Place 17th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
For hotel & travel information, click here.