After several continuous years of success, PCRG’s AmeriCorps VISTA program is still going strong. Continuing in the 2019-2020 VISTA year, the Pennsylvania State Office has decided to offer AmeriCorps VISTA support to PCRG and affiliated organizations in the amount of 10 site placements. Since 2017, PCRG’s AmeriCorps program has witnessed sustained growth and expansion, through an expansion of partners/site placements (8 to 10) to improved recruitment methods, helping the program achieve its diversity goals, where more than half of VISTA placements are people of color, increasing from 6 to 8, within the past year.
PCRG and its 9 VISTA placements are currently recruiting for the following organizations and VISTA positions:
About AmeriCorps VISTA:
AmeriCorps VISTA members build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for one-year terms.
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA
- Living Allowance: Receive a VISTA living allowance biweekly, at a rate determined by your service site’s county:
- $14,136/year in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties;
- $12,311/year in all other PA counties;
- VISTA Leaders get an additional $2,400 per year
- Relocation Allowance: If you move 50+ miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance up to $1000 (based on the federal mileage rate) and a settling-in allowance of $750;
- End of Service Award: Choose between a $6,095 Segal Education Award to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend;
- Health Care: Enroll in either out-of-pocket reimbursement ($7,900 medical, $1,000 for dental, and $200 for vision) for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included, as are telehealth services;
- Non-Competitive Eligibility: Qualify for Non-Competitive Eligibility, a unique hiring path that makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you;
- Professional Development: Attend in-person and virtual professional development sponsored by AmeriCorps VISTA and Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group;
- Child Care: You may be eligible to receive up to $400/month for child care if you have children under the age of 13.
Any inquiries regarding the positions above, please contact AmeriCorps Supervisor, Alyssa P. Lyon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Manager of Community Outreach and Member Engagement at Pittsburgh Community Reinvestment Group (PCRG)
Alyssa P. Lyon is currently a part time Master of Public Management Candidate (2017) at Heinz College housed at Carnegie Mellon University.She’s also a Pitt alumna having received a BA in Communications and Africana Studies from the University in 2012.Originally hailing from The Bronx, New York, Alyssa’s undying love for the city of Pittsburgh has influenced and guided her into community and economic development where she now focuses her efforts towards community organizing and urban planning.
Latest posts by Alyssa Lyon (see all)