- Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Founding Date: 1986.
- Executive Director: Maggie Withrow.
- Current staff size and composition: Five full-time employees, three part-time employees, three AmeriCorps members, and one PULSE fellow.
- What geographic area do you serve? All of Allegheny County except the north east corner of the county, east of I-76.
- What is your mission statement? Habitat for Humanity envisions a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- What are some projects or programs that you are really excited about? Our Neighborhood Revitalization model offers opportunities for homeownership and home repair services to low-income families and individuals in need of a hand up.
- What are some of your organization’s recent accomplishments? In August, our 77th family moved into their new home in Penn Hills. The Celeste family are former refugees from Burundi who were relocated here to the Pittsburgh area and finally have a home of their own once again.
- What is a restaurant or business that you partner with on a regular basis? Lowes Home Improvement is a fantastic national partner with our organization and sponsors our annual Women Build Week each May. Thrivent Financial and Peoples Natural Gas are also strong partners who have made substantial financial contributions and employee time contributions as volunteers on our projects.
- What is an interesting fact about your organization? In 2014 Habitat for Humanity passed the milestone of over 1 million homes built or rehabilitated across the globe.
- Upcoming event: Our annual “Night at the Fights” fundraising event is coming up on November 5th. More information on this fun event can be found here.
- Contact information:
Name of contact person for further inquiries: Derek Kendall-Morris.
Phone: 412-351-0512 x.14
Address: 212 Yost Blvd. Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Facebook: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh