Upcoming PCRG Meetings
Thursday, June 5th (12-2PM)
Vacant Property Working Group (VPWG)
Friday, June 13th (9-11AM)
- Hilltop Alliance is hiring a Business District Manager position for East Warrington Avenue in Allentown. For more information, see Hilltop Alliance’s post on nonprofittalent.com: http://www.nonprofitalent.com/jobs/job/business-district-manager/
- Mount Washington Community Development Corporation (MWCDC) seeks to hire a full-time Park Manager to manage projects and initiatives in Emerald View Park and related neighborhood green spaces. The Park Manager aims to engage a wide array of local residents and regional partners in the hands-on management of Emerald View Park through a variety of outreach, educational, and recreational events. Please send cover letter and resume to Kathryn Hunninen at email@example.com by June 6th. A full description of responsibilities can be found here: http://ow.ly/xjbVa
- NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania is launching a Leadership Development Cohort Program which will begin in July 2014, focusing on the Hilltop neighborhoods of Allentown, Arlington, Arlington Heights, Beltzhoover, Bon Air, Carrick, Knoxville, Mt. Washington, Mt. Oliver (borough), Mt. Oliver (city), St. Clair, and South Side Slopes. The purpose of this program is to empower emerging leaders who are working to improve their communities by building their leadership skills and community development capacity as they advance community-driven change. A total of 4 selected participants will be part of a supportive learning circle, or cohort. To download the application, click here. To fill out the application online, click here.
- Pittsburgh Downtown Community Development Corporation (PDCDC) has kicked off its civic crowdfunding platform for Allegheny County—Hatch. Crowdfunding is when a group of people pool together small amounts of money to fund a project or idea. Hatch harnesses the power of crowdsourcing to raise money for small business start-ups, arts programs, nonprofits and individuals with ideas that benefit their communities. At hatch.pdcdc.org you can find and fund projects that directly benefit your local community, giving you the power to choose where you see change. If you have any questions, please contact Hadley Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-235-7263.
- Uptown Partners (UP) launched a Hatch campaign to bring a sunflower garden to an unused lot on 5th Avenue! Your contribution—any dollar amount—will help UP reach its goal and bring this vibrant project to Uptown. For more information on the Sunflower Garden Campaign, click here.
- PCRG, in conjunction with Fifth Third Mortgage Company, will provide up to a $1,500 down payment or closing cost assistance grant to eligible Fifth Third Mortgage Company borrowers. The grant consideration and approval process will be the sole responsibility of PCRG; Fifth Third Mortgage Company personnel will not be involved in the income eligibility verification for the grant. For more information, click here.
- The 2014 National Bike Challenge runs from May 1st to September 30th. Register today, and if you are affiliated with a PCRG member organization, click here to see how to join Team PCRG!
If you are a PCRG member organization or partner, please let us know if you have upcoming events or announcements. We would be happy to help you promote it through our social media and future newsletters.